General University Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- Admission into the University is open to all qualified candidates
irrespective of religion, ethnic group, gender, race/creed, disability or
- Admission into the University will be only through either the University
Matriculation Examination (UTME) or Direct Entry of the Joint Admissions and
Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- In order to be eligible for admission into the Obong University, all prospective
students are expected to satisfy the following general requirements:
- For admission through 100 level (UTME), candidates must:
* Possess five (5) credits at SSCE equivalent in relevant subjects at not more than 2 sittings;
* Score acceptable points in the UTME in relevant subjects.
- For admission to 200 level (Direct Entry), candidates should (in addition to
5 SSCE credits passes as in (c) i above, obtain a minimum of two (2) A’ level
(or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects, or possess NCE, GCE A/Level,
OND or HND with credit/merit passes, or possess a good first degree in a relevant
field as the case may be.
- Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory for admission
into all courses.
- Candidates may be required to pass an internal screening test/interview in
addition to passing the UTME.
Specific Faculty and Departmental Admission Requirements
Please click here to see detailed admission requirements for specific departments and programmes
2016/2017 Academic Calendar
|Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Fresh students report for screening and registration
|Thursday, October 6, 2016
Returning students report for registration
|Monday, October 10, 2016
Lectures begin for all students
|Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Orientation programme begins for fresh students
|Friday, December 23, 2016
Christmas/New Year Break begins
|Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Lectures resume after Christmas/New Year break
View detailed calendar
For all enquiries, please call the Registrar on
+234 802 891 5795